Sadhguru said, “Education is about empowerment, about cultivating a human being to the highest possible potential – a tool for fulfilling the immensity of Being.” We cannot imagine schools beyond brick-and-mortar physical schools. When we think of education, we think of classrooms, boards, corridors, assembly halls, and spectacled teachers. In India, online-only schools or online learning are a new concept.
The difference between online-only and physical schools is beyond just the number of hours spent. The level of interaction and learning in a school is unprecedented, making it the best type of education. Or so, one may think. An online-only school widens children’s immediate vicinity from a more inclusive mindset. This is a fresh change to physical school that geographically limits students from interacting on a global scale.
The education system is evolving, and the future of education will be borderless and truly inclusive. 21K School is India’s first online-only school that offers Indian, American, and IGCSE curricula. With more options available and handpicked teachers to suit the technology-oriented learning of the future, 21K School is the future of Education in India.
Let’s make a small analytical comparison of traditional and online learning methods for better understanding.
1. The only known source of learning options available to date apart from college-level distance learning.
2. The physical presence of students in school and adherence to attendance is mandatory.
3. Long hours spent at school by students.
4. Heavy bags carried by students lead to health concerns.
5. Pressure to be the best, and be the first at everything.
6. High cost of education – some leading schools charge in the upward 6-digit range due to the in-built costs of a physical school.
7. The curriculum is outdated and goes with a one-shoe-fits-all way of application.
8. Missed classes mean missed learning for which not many schools offer recovery classes. Students have to refer to other students’ notes.
9. The chronic problem of dearth of quality teachers and schools beyond the confines of metro cities.
10. Access to top-quality education is restricted in tier 2 and below cities and towns.
11. Students whose parents are on the move constantly due to work reasons pay the price of interfered learning.
12. Unavailability of a forum for students to interact with students from other schools.
1. A global community of students translates to more benefits for learning. It helps the students see the world beyond their geography and opens their minds to other cultures, countries, and types of people
2. 3 hours of core curriculum learning and then the option to choose from tailored programs suited to students’ needs.
3. More time is available for students to pursue their true calling.
4. Options of different sets of curricula to choose from.
5. Fees are lesser compared to physical schools.
6. Wide range of best international faculty.
7. Handpicked teachers to best meet the challenges of online classes.
8. Learning is self-paced, so it is not as restrictive as the physical way of learning methods.
9. Availability of time for social interaction positively impacts their social development.
10. Online-only classes can be accessed from any corner of the world.
11. There is no need for children to go through the trauma of shifting schools and friends whenever their parents’ job is required.
12. Inclusivity is taught; therefore, students are more receptive to situations and people they’re not used to.
13. There is no need to chug heavy bags to-and-fro every day, leading to lesser health concerns.
Innovational Online Learning Experience
In a world that is changing beyond our comprehension, it is every child’s right to be well equipped to face the realities of the world. This goes beyond the confines of classroom learning. Moreover, today’s world understands that skills are far more important than certificates alone. Online learning offers the option to explore a student’s natural talent by giving them the flexibility and time necessary. This is terrific news for parents with mobile jobs, students who want to continue formal education while having more time, and special needs children who have trouble accessing classroom learning.
Online learning gives students the freedom to access their classes from anywhere, provided they have good internet. We have invested time in understanding the core challenges of online-only schools and put in steps in response to those challenges so that parents and students do not go through these issues. Our school is data-driven and forward-looking; therefore, the available programs are tweaked after understanding the students’ data.
The time is ripe to think beyond the tangible presence of education. A borderless school where students share ideas, exchange thoughts, do projects together, and be guided by the best international faculty. That is what 21K school is envisioning. You can visit our website to know more!